Favoured by celebrities such as Simon Cowell, Rihanna, Madonna, and Adele, vitamin infusions have become increasingly popular over the last few years. Essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids are absorbed directly into your bloodstream through an IV.
Many of us take vitamin supplements or tablets as part of our daily wellness routine – but on average, only 15% of the active ingredients are absorbed into the bloodstream. In contrast, when a vitamin enters the bloodstream via an IV, the rate of absorption is closer to 90%.
This makes vitamin infusions an excellent – and very rapid – way to boost the levels of valuable nutrients in your body. Depending on the mix of nutrients used, vitamin infusions can prevent the signs of ageing, assist with weight loss, boost your immune system, and more.
Why Should I Choose Vitamin Infusions?
• Improves your skin health – Infusions can repair damaged cells, improving pigmentation from sun damage, dark spots from acne scarring, uneven skin, blemishes and more.
• Prevents the signs of ageing – Glutathione is a highly effective antioxidant and nutrient that is known for its anti-ageing effects. It is made up of three amino acids, which work together to repair damaged cells, boost immunity, metabolise toxins, and defend against free radicals.
• The fastest and most direct way to get essential nutrients – Traditional vitamin tablets, which are taken orally, must first be processed through your digestive system. In contrast, there’s no wait for the nutrients delivered through vitamin infusions. Your body can immediately absorb anything it requires and filter out the rest.
• Provides a natural source of energy – B vitamins and amino acids are known for their energising properties. Far healthier than a sugary soft drink or caffeine-filled energy drink!
• Boosts your immune system through antioxidants – Free radicals are unstable molecules that cause oxidative stress. This can contribute to various health conditions. Antioxidants like vitamin C help to neutralise these free radicals. Vitamin C and other minerals such as zinc also strengthen your immune system.
• A quick way to alleviate a hangover – The diuretic effects of alcohol mean that after a night out, you are likely severely dehydrated. Vitamin infusions often contain electrolytes, which help to replenish your body’s hydration levels and can cure a hangover very quickly.
What can I expect from a Vitamin Infusion?
You will first have a consultation, where the ideal mix of vitamins, minerals and amino acids will be chosen for your specific situation.
A vitamin infusion can take between 30 and 60 minutes. During this time, you can read, listen to music, or even take a nap if you wish.
Afterwards, you are free to continue your day and enjoy the feelings of rejuvenation, mental clarity, and physical energy from the nutrients.
When will I feel the results?
Many people report feeling the benefits during the treatment or shortly afterwards. The nutrients will be fully absorbed into your body 24 hours after the treatment.