Carbon Laser Peel (Charcoal Facial, Hollywood Facial, Spectra Peel, or Black Doll Facial)
What is a carbon laser peel?
The carbon laser peel goes by many names. You may also hear it referred to as the Hollywood Facial, Charcoal Facial, Spectra Peel, or Black Doll Facial.
There’s a good reason this treatment goes by the name ‘Hollywood Facial’ – it’s favoured by many A-List celebrities for its anti-ageing, skin-rejuvenating effects.
This is a fantastic all-in-one treatment. Not only does it provide deep exfoliation for your skin and stimulation of further collagen production, but it can also be used to treat a huge range of skin conditions.
Thoughts from our Clients...
‘Since my [carbon laser peel] treatment, I now often have days where I don’t wear any makeup on my skin! My skin is more even and has this amazing glow/radiance to it. I already can’t wait to see the results from the next treatment. So a big thank you for your recommendation to go for this treatment, it’s incredible.’ – Narell
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF A CARBON LASER PEEL?
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Targets melanin within skin cells – leaving it clear, even, and glowing. Excellent for tackling melasma and other signs of sun damage.
- Eliminates sebum within clogged pores, reducing their size and leaving the skin less oily.
- Removes dead layers of skin on the surface, leaving behind smooth skin that feels and looks refreshed.
- Carbon laser peels are also very good for treating acne. It tackles the acne membranes, reducing inflammation. The exfoliation reduces pigmentation and scarring from previous breakouts.
Do you have a big event coming up – perhaps a wedding, or a holiday? Book a carbon laser peel a couple of days prior to the event for all the benefits outlined above, plus an instant glow. One of the biggest benefits of the carbon laser peel is the lack of downtime required, so you can afford to have your treatment at the last minute. Read on to find out why!
HOW IS A CARBON LASER PEEL DIFFERENT FROM OTHER PEELS?
Most peels use chemicals to treat skin concerns. In contrast, carbon laser peels use heat. Because of this, carbon laser peels don’t have the same downtime requirements. This treatment is what’s known as a ‘lunch hour procedure’. You can get a quick facial on your lunch break and go straight back to your desk in the office without the unsightly red face commonly associated with chemical peels.
Another great benefit of a carbon laser peel is that it is gentler and kinder to your skin. If you suffer from sensitive skin, or certain skin conditions such as eczema, you may have found that some chemical peels don’t agree with you. Carbon laser peels may suit your skin type more, as they tend to cause less irritation and redness. This treatment is suitable for all skin types.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR A CARBON LASER PEEL?
The laser works in two ways. It begins by targeting any pigmentation in your skin cells, breaking it up so that it can be easily removed by your body. Then it applies heat deep within the skin. This causes the skin to contract, stimulating collagen growth, and causing pores to appear smaller.
A carbon laser peel treatment normally takes around 30 minutes. Here’s what the process typically looks like:
- A layer of activated liquid carbon is spread onto your face. The carbon absorbs oil, dirt, and impurities from inside your pores. You’ll then wait for around 10 minutes for the carbon to dry.
- Next, a low-energy laser will be used on your skin to heat the carbon. This also heats your subdermal tissue, which assists collagen production and decreases the appearance of fine lines.
- The laser will be swapped to a higher-energy setting, which breaks the carbon into fine particles. This will destroy the carbon, along with the dead skin cells and impurities that it pulled out of your pores. This stage acts as a deep exfoliator for your skin, which will leave it feeling brighter and smoother.
- You may have sunscreen or a hydrating moisturiser applied after the treatment is finished.
How many sessions do I need?
The effects of a carbon laser peel can be seen immediately, with the skin appearing brighter, more even, and glowing, with smaller pores.
For the best results that last the longest, we recommend 2-6 treatments every 2-3 weeks.
Is the process painful?
Carbon laser peels are not painful. Some people report feeling a small tingle or pinching sensation, but others find the process relaxing.
After your treatment, your skin may appear slightly red. However, this will subside quickly – leaving you free to go about your day.
What sort of aftercare will my skin need?
If you experience any redness, this can be soothed with aloe vera gel.
Avoid oily makeup after the treatment.
Ensure that you use SPF 50 daily to protect the area for a month after the treatment.
Don’t use any products containing retinol for a week after the treatment.
Do not exfoliate for a week after the treatment.
Hands – £150.00
Face, neck, décolletage and hands – £350.00
Face and neck – £180.00